Gingerbread Showdown: Priya and Seth Vs. Sohla and Ham | NYT Cooking
Title: Gingerbread Showdown: Priya and Seth Vs. Sohla and Ham | NYT Cooking
Author: NYT Cooking
It’s incredible watching BA being dismantled and reassembled throughout other channels, recreating the magic and leaving BA in the dust.
“Do you have time to make more?” Sohla: “yea, but I just.. don’t want to.” Sohla is all of us.
Is no one going to talk about how HAM LEFT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SHOOT TO CHECK ON THEIR DOGS
“We got nothing and Ham’s walking the dogs”
I love this video for many reasons (Priya, Sohla AND their equally talented s/o’s ?) but please consider adding captions to this video. The masks although great, make it difficult for the hearing impaired to watch! Just a suggestion :-)
Well if it isn’t my two favourite South Asian cooking queens and their somehow perfectly matched partners.
Join us next year, when Seth and Priya attempt a gingerbread la sagrada familia, while Sohla and Ham make some bomb canapes
This feels like watching the really really clever people talk about the exam.
Why does Seth feels like a quintessential New Yorker, a type A architect who bakes. Like if you have a movie set in New York, the main character would be an architect who bakes and makes a FLW gingerbread house with terrain & waterfall.
The chemistry between Sohla and Ham is so unreal. Their vibe and energy made this video for me. I don’t know what NYT cooking is trying to do but whatever it is these two have got to be involved.
NYT just happens to build a huge test kitchen after the BA fall-out. Imagine that. Great move on their part and I am loving some of the recipes they are putting out. The buttermilk turkey they did for Thanksgiving this year was phenomenal. The people I served it to usually don’t even like turkey, but they liked that recipe.
This is the absolute best version of ‘Type A’ vs ‘Type B’ I’ve ever seen.
the camera shots are a little too tight imo, I can’t tell whats going on I need more context
I love how priya and Seth are making an actual gingerbread house and sohla and Hal are making a seafood feast. Are they even doing the same competition?? 😂😂😂
I cant believe I just heard “I dont think I’m gonna be able to make the terrazzo” in a gingerbread house making video
- project; gingerbread house Sohla; what ever, for our seafood carcuterie board in the form of a house, we have…
- Okay sooo…. I’m gonna need an El-Waylly cooking show because Holay Wha, that is some chaotic calm I didn’t know I needed.
- This is fabulous, but a NYT production should have captions, not auto-generated craptions. An organization this large has no excuse for dodging accessibility.
- Dear NYT cooking, Release a B roll of this which is also 25 mins long. Sincerely, A new subscriber 👀
- project: gingerbread house Sohla: let’s start the soup
- I see Priya, I click. I see Sohla, I click. I see both, I CLICK
- The tiny mushrooms and octopus bush’s were so on point for a model.
- Sohla and Ham are such a power couple, they’re the kind of virtuosos that undersell their absolutely INCREDIBLE creations.
- LOVE BOTH TEAMS; LOVE EACH OF THEM; LOVE THIS EPISODE. Would have LOVED way more time to view their process and individual houses without the bouncing around camera work. Give us time to focus, take in the amazing work and creativity. We need to have time to savor the experience. We all have the attention span to do this. Trust us.
- i don’t typically make comments but i know that they add towards decision making for future videos: i hope they all can work like this again soon! their dynamics worked really well and i was smiling the whole time
- Priya and Seth: we will DOMINATE Sohla and Ham: …meh, I’m just here for a good time?
- NYT: Gingerbread house competition Sohla: Savory Breadstick house competition? Gotta love her.
- 8:09 omg that look Seth gives Priya: “Stop being nice to them Priya, we are here to cRUSH THEM.”
- Sohla: Hey, wanna do a gingerbread house competition with our partners? Priya: Yeah! How extra should we be? Sohla: Yes!
- Sohla made a “gingerbread” house and priya made a gingerbread “house”
- I see Seth is finally “partner” instead of “roommate” 😂
- I really love having Seth and Ham actively involved in this video. Neither of them would have expected to be featured in a NYT video, but here we are
- This video could’ve been the entire 4+ hours they were there and I would’ve watched it all.
- “I need more time” said every architect ever.
- Throughout all the video I was like: “Yup, that’s the architect in him.” “That’s normal.” Man, i love they combined baking and architecture. Plus, I’ve always loved that house and yes, it’s an contructor’s nightmare but an architect’s ambitious dream.
- Priya and Seth are the organized and ambitious people I want to be Sohla and Ham are the chaotic “it’ll be fine” people I am
- NYT: recruits former BA chefs Me: you’re doing amazing sweetie
- I usually hate when people say “It’s too pretty, I can’t eat it!”, but they made a gingerbread Frank Lloyd Wright and a seafood feast, I would actually feel bad taking those apart
- Sohla is so fucking talented…. one day she’ll get a Michelin star 🥺
- Sohla and Ham delicately placing tiny seafood landscaping around their house is ADORABLE
- Great move by NYT. Getting priya and sohla on board
- Amazing culinary artistry, but the editing is way off. There’s no structure. Very disorienting
- Can we get a regular series of Sohla and Ham being Extra A.F.?
- We need to make this a thing please. More of Priya/Seth vs Sohla/Ham. This is the series we never knew we needed!
- love everything about this, especially sohla’s consistency in being the most chaotic and chill person in the kitchen
- seth seems like the perfect combination of hot and neurotic
- Me in project planning: Seth and Priya Me in project implementation: Sohla and Ham
- Sohla’s tarter sauce story!!! I’m just imagining a cute little Bengali auntie buying tarter sauce instead of cream of tarter. 😭😭😭😭
- LOVE THESE COUPLES! MORE OF THESE PLEASE! (Also maybe can we have subtitles for people who needs to read lips please please pretty please? :D)
- I’m: A Sohla Looking for: A Ham
- Seth is an architect?!? Bro I expect the best gingerbread house from him… Edit: Jesus christ.
- Priya, i wish you would share your snack, cuz Seth is a whole one. AND he’s smart? gyatDAYUM.
- Adam Rapaport: “both teams were amazing. However Sola and Seth were better than Pryia and Ham”
- Seth and Priya’s work felt too expensive to watch for free lol, and Sohla and Ham’s innovation was insane!!
- A neat video showing the master minds of two couples. Two different concepts for the houses but seeing them come together was fun. I appreciate the amazing architecture work that Priya and Seth did, but Sohla and Ham’s savory feast of the fishes house was my favorite.
- why is this only 23 minutes this should be an hour long!! EXTENDED CUTTTT
- I could watch this ten times. Can’t wait to show my daughter! She’s eight and we loved all the BA stuff. Can’t support them anymore, and am so glad to show my daughter something we CAN support!
- I just watched someone hoover a gingerbread house my life is now complete.
- I love that Priya calls Seth her “Partner” now and not just her roommate!
- montage of Priya trying to figure out Seth’s complicated design Ham: I-I really liked playing with legos
- This is positively the best Christmas present NYT could ever give us!!!!!!! Priya+Sohla!!!
- Didn’t really see enough of the final products, both up-close and big picture.
- My Crops: Watered My Skin: Clear My Hope: Restored
- I love how both couples found their perfect match. That gives me joy.
- Seth is literally the antithesis of Sohla’s “It’ll be fine” baking style. I’m all for it.
- I know Sohla can cook (understatement of the year) but I feel like I saw her true potential and range of food in this video. That seafood house is spectacular and so creative. And her hubs, Ham, is awesome. You can tell he’s a professional because he’s cleaning up as he goes (true mark of a cook)
- 1:42 - 1:47 I love how Priya is basically just channeling everyone’s “WTF” reactions at “gingerbread topography base”
- I’m ready for this to be the test kitchen 2 people being paid properly boogaloo
- More Sohla and Ham content please! I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, if they started their own streaming site I would literally pay them $20 a month just for Sohla and Ham content.
- This should be a series, just an incredible 23 minutes.
- As an architecture student, i can recognize the PTSD face Seth made when it all ended.
- This gingerbread house bake off made me realize that this just a competition between a Type A couple and a Type B couple
- I wasn’t to know exactly how much $$$ Sohla and Ham’s cost. I love how she’s always balls to the wall 😂
- Wow I love Sohla and Ham’s savory take on this! It looked delicious and so great. Never would have thought it would turn out so cute but wow!!!
- I love how Sohla and Ham made stuff they can snack on along the way while building it
- The FLAVORS Sohla and Ham brought!
- Why isn’t this trending? It’s so amazing Edit:Omg it’s finally trending :o
- “Can we also keep some for eating?” Ah, Sohla, a woman after my heart
- “I don’t think we’re going to have time for the terrazzo” “…we have to figure out how to get the roof on”
- I am a female chef and honestly the relationship Sohla has with Ham is the type of relationship i want! ❤️❤️❤️
- That was AMAZING, by both couples in drastically different ways. My face hurts from smiling and laughing for 23 minutes!
- Love Sohla: we’re all gonna win cuz we all get to eat this.
- PRIYAAAAAAAA, I’ve missed her so much!
- LOVE that the El-Walilly’s went for a savory house! Sweets get overwhelming during the holidays, but I would eat the hell out of that house. And the little mushroom garnishes and roe ornaments… PRECIOUS!
- oh my god seth….are you okay??? props to both team, both designs look amazing
- love the contrast of extremes between Priya and Seth’s almost military precision and Sohla and Ham’s ‘let’s just wing it’
- That was so fun to watch…the perfect pairing of partners and competitors (although it wasn’t a competition). I just loved the different creative minds and how the partners worked together. Great looking kitchen and great NYT video. Can’t wait to see what’s next! Happy holidays everyone!
- Damn, I want to eat that savory one with a serious cup of tea. Merry Christmas, Sohla and Priya!!
- Just waiting for Brad to walk in all like “whoaaa whatya guys got goin on here?”
- im crying at the contrast between sohla/ham and priya/seth lmaoooooo “Do you have enough time to make more dough?” “Yeah…. I just don’t really waaant to :/”
- Wow Seth and Priya must like… speedrun putting together ikea furniture
- Priya and Seth: Overly-ambitious, but methodical Sohla and Ham: Disorganised but skillful Me: Overly-ambitious yet Disorganized. :p
- Omg seth! Love seeing him thrive somewhere outside priyas instagram stories
- I love that Ham is rocking Clementine’s hat from TWD
- This is fun, I’d love to taste the seafood house, every components sound so tasty. The Fallingwater house looks like something to be showcased - if they had more time I’m sure it’d look even more magnificent. Need more shots that are not so close-up tho.
- i’m sorry, but did the man bring out a dremel to construct his gingerbread house? next. level.
- Ham: “Do you have time to make more dough?” Sohla: “Yeah, I just don’t really want to.” #mood 😂😂😂
- Seeing Solha and Priya in the same kitchen again makes me feel really good. I wish they get to collaborate on more videos again. Love themmmm! <3
- “its like [seth’s] entire life has led up to this moment, and we dont wanna ruin it” - sohla, ham
- I would love to get more of Ham, he seems so chill and wise. Dude really cool
- If anyone ever asks me what I want in a romantic relationship, I’ll just show them this video. Sohla saying that this is what she and Ham do on the weekends made me realize what I want in life
- We need an extended version of this video. Show us everything. Even if it is longer than an 2 hours, I’ll be ready with snacks. 😁
- This exceeded my wildest expectations, even for Priya and Sohla. Amazing!
- Woah this was amazing. Seth’s creative vision and Sohla and Ham’s savory house really was so out of the box and entertaining to watch. NYT you better keep these people and make more videos with them and these people really serve!
- This could have been a waaay longer video and I would still have watched all of it multiple times throughout the year 😂😂
- I need an extended version of this that is 3 hours long
- Im begging you NY TImes Cooking, Do more of these! this is amazing
- “However it looks, that’s how it’s gonna look” Well said Seth
- Honestly Sohla and Ham are life goals. Their attitude is exactly what my over stressed mess of a brain needs.
- This was lovely! I’ve missed you guys. Loved Seth and Ham.
- Wish Seth had time to fully realize his dream gingerbread house. I’m sure it’s chewing him up inside the windows are missing!
- I love everything about this, and I hope to God that I can have a relationship where we can spend eight hours building a gingerbread house that showcases our skills.
- I love Sohla and Ham’s energy and attitude. Just chill creative people.
- I love how before even starting, sohla and ham decided this wouldn’t be a competition but just a way to complement Priya and Seth the best way they could haha
- i do love your videos nytimes but you need more steadier camera work with less depth perception for all your videos. i think that’s the #1 suggestion. but if you make this priya/sohla series it’s going to be a winner, please keep this going
- “We were craving fish” so you brought the whole damn ocean?
- I’ve never been more excited for a gingerbread competition!
- this is literally my favorite video of all time
- 12:45 i legit thought she said “cringy” after the other couple hugged lmao
- This Gingerbread Showdown was the perfect video to end this holiday season. Fantastic work from both the NYT Cooking team and Priya, Seth, Sohla and Ham!
- I love how Ham and Sohla accurately predicted how extra Seth’s house was going to be and just decided to do whatever the hell they want it
- I approve of architects being married to chefs (says the single architect).
- Damn this was so fun to watch, love what they all came up with!
- Oh Dear, Ham looks like an Elf with his ears folded like that hahaha
- “After this do you wanna watch titanic?” 🥺
- Damn Seth!! I’m really impressed - he made a full model of what the house would be and base wth?? And the number of parts with labels - holy the complexity
- This brought me so much joy! Exactly what I needed this holiday season.
- 4:45 lol he seriously planned this stuff on Rhino lol. I’m very impressed
- I identify so much with Seth, the excitement and over ambition i have for a project but i also have the same amount of laziness as Sohla and Ham by procrastinating said project and not preparing beforehand
- This video was really a reflection of two different, yet equally healthy relationships! For all Priya and Seth were intensity and design, they were in sync and supporting one another while Sohla and Ham were laid back and in their natural element.
- I love Sohla and Ham immediately both coming in with the classic Sohla “It’s gonna be fine”
- “I need more time” said every architect ever.
- This was such a delight to watch. More of this please!
- I love how Priya and Seth’s gingerbread house was too beautiful to break off and eat. 😂
- Sohla you shined girl!!!!! I loved the commentary, creativity and recipes. Seeing you and your man work together was so cute. You made my day girl.
- omg Did Seth really drafted the gingerbread house in cad? Hilarious! I can’t believe there’s like a complete construction drawing for it and it’s scaled too😭😭
- These r genuinely 2 of the most creative food constructions i’ve ever seen lol wow
- I feel like I’m watching two culinary royal families
- the only thing left in my mind is: can this please be a series?
- “Yeah , i just don’t really want to " That’s me this whole year 😂
- Why the hell did Seth never tell everyone that they are making a gingerbread replica of FALLING WATER BY FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT I mean damn. Bravo. I want to see the windows and the terrazzo though. Next weekend?
- Omg the two queens of BA! I missed them so much! I love them!
- MORE I WANT MOREE. I LOVE THIS
- That dip gingerbread house is what i want for my birthday cakes for the rest of my life OMGGGGGG
- Ham and Sohla need their own show!! Smiled the whole time watching them and I love their energy together ☺️
- WAIT A MINUTE…..did Priya and Seth just make an edible replica of Falling Waters?? This is so insane! Also, now I really want some caviar.
- I would love to see this as a series ✨
- Cameraman: you do have time to do it? Sohla: yeah but I don’t want to
- “Do you have time to make more?” “Yeahh… i just don’t really want to”
- Yesss this is what i need!! But please ease up on the jump cut’s and superfast editing when half of the shots are not in focus.. I’d like a bit of time to actually look at the stuff they are doing.
- “New York Times cooking studio” I thought I heard that wrong at first. I wish them all bon appetit
- Seth out here using Rhino to make Falling Water. That’s an effort and a half!
- This was so much fun! Sohla and Ham are so chill, and everything looked delicious
- Beautiful houses in both camps. Love the architecture and the whimsy!
- Ham wearing Clementine’s hat from TWD is everything
- Sohla and Ham prepared a feast AND still had time to walk the dogs and do camera work 😭💕
- I love that they had been there for so long that it started as daytime, got dark, and then light again.
- Priya found someone as extra as her lol
- While I love this mash-up of collaborators, I wish there were Captions though, it was very difficult for me to enjoy this video.
- I spent this entire thing giggling, both teams went wild in totally opposite directions